This action guide seeks to build bridges between peacebuilding and nonviolent action practitioners so that methods are used strategically and effectively on the path toward conflict transformation. It shows how dialogue, direct-action skills, and approaches can be synergized to advance justice and sustainable peace. This guide is for trainers, facilitators, and other practitioners serving the many organizers, activists, mediators, negotiators, and peacebuilders who want to learn more about how to integrate nonviolent action and peacebuilding strategies in their work.
Also available in Spanish
Table of Contents
- A Primer on Strategic Nonviolent Action and Peacebuilding Processes
- SNAP: Introducing an Action Guide for Synergizing Nonviolent Action and Peacebuilding
- Unit 1: Synergize for Success
- Unit 2: Start Strategically for Successful Conflict Transformation
- Unit 3: Dialogue to Defuse Interpersonal Conflict and Support Coalition Building
- Unit 4: Facilitate to Develop Group Goals and Consensus
- Unit 5: Assess to Build Awareness and Better Strategy
- Unit 6: Set SMARTT Goals
- Unit 7: Innovate and Sequence Nonviolent Action Tactics to Build Power
- Unit 8: Sequencing Nonviolent Action and Negotiation Tactics for Sustainable Solutions
- Unit 9: Bringing It All Together: Strategic Planning Time Lines.