These webinars for educators introduce key issues in international conflict management and peacebuilding and explore classroom resources and strategies for teaching these issues in the classroom. Watch for upcoming webinars on this page.
- How Schools Can Join the Virtual Peace Day Challenge 2020. This short webinar offers teachers easy ideas for how schools can participate in this year’s virtual Peace Day Challenge 2020. (September 2020)
- Virtual Coffee Time for Teachers: Teaching Peace in the Midst of a Pandemic. Public Education at the U.S. Institute of Peace hosted their first “Virtual Coffee Time for Teachers” webinar, where they reviewed and discussed why it feels critical to teach about peace in the midst of the pandemic, and the virtual resources USIP offers to help educators and students. (May 2020)
- A Year in the Life of a USIP Peace Teacher: Stories from the Classroom. Discover how USIP’s 2016 Peace Teachers integrated global peacebuilding concepts and skills into their classrooms over the course of a school year, the challenges they faced, the highs and lows they encountered, and the ultimate impact they had. (July 2017)
- Bringing Peacebuilding into the Classroom: How to Use Global Peacebuilding Center Resources. This webinar introduces you to resources for teachers and students developed by the Global Peacebuilding Center (USIP’s public education program) and provides examples of how to use them in your classroom.
- It's Never Too Early! Engaging Upper Elementary Students in Conversations and Actions for Peace. Program Officer Megan Chabalowski and special guests Jill McManigal (Kids for Peace) and Sarah Lavezzo (elementary school teacher) explore what it means for children to be peacebuilders, discuss educator resources for this age group, and review other creative ideas for engaging children in learning about and taking action for peace. (May 2016)
- Teach Peace: Developing Youth's Knowledge and Skills for a Globalized World. Program Officer Megan Chabalowski discusses the work of the U.S. Institute of Peace and the Global Peacebuilding Center and explores ways to teach peacebuilding concepts and skills to youth to prepare them for a global world. This webinar was hosted by the Global Education Conference. (November 2015)
- Women Tackling Terrorism: A Conversation with Dr. Kathleen Kuehnast about Gender and Peacebuilding. We celebrated Women's History Month with this webinar highlighting the important role women are playing globally in preventing violent extremism and the radicalization of youth in their communities. (March 2015)
Learn more about USIP’s resources for students and educators.